State Instructions — UTAH
Registration Deadline — Registration deadlines vary:
Mail: registration forms must be postmarked or otherwise marked as received by the Post Office 30 days before the election.
In-person: registration forms may be dropped off at the county clerk's office 7 days before the election.
Online: registrations must be submitted 7 days before the election. Requires a valid Utah driver license or valid Utah ID.
Same-Day: voters may register at the polls during the early voting period or on Election Day by filling out a provisional ballot.
6. ID Number. Your completed voter registration form must contain one of the following: a Utah Driver License number, a Utah State Identification number, or the last four digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have a Utah Driver License or a Utah State Identification card, please write "None" in the designated space and fill in the last four digits of your Social Security number.
7. Choice of Party. Declaring a party is not required in order to register to vote. However, Utah's election law allows each political party to choose whom it will allow to vote in its primary election. If you do not affiliate with a party, you may be restricted from voting in the primary.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Utah you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Utah for 30 days immediately before the next election
- be at least 18 years old on or before the next election (individuals who are 16 and 17 years of age may pre-register to vote; if a 17 year old will be 18 years of age on or before the upcoming general election, they may pre-register and vote in the primary election)
- not be a convicted felon currently incarcerated for commission of a felony
- not be convicted of treason or crime against the elective franchise, unless restored to civil rights
- not be found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
- currently resides within the voting district or precinct in which you register to vote
Office of the Lieutenant Governor
P.O. Box 142325
Salt Lake City, UT 84114