State Instructions — WISCONSIN
Registration Deadline — Postmarked at least 20 days before the election; or completed in the office of the town, village, or city clerk up to 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election; or completed at the polling place on Election Day.
Wisconsin Also Permits Online Voter Registration – Visit https://myvote.wi.gov up to 20 days before the election if the voter has a current and valid Wisconsin driver license or state-issued ID card.
2. Home Address. Along with your voter registration form, you must send a proof-of-residence document with your complete first and last name and residential address, such as a copy of your current and valid Wisconsin driver license or state ID card, real estate tax bill, utility bill no older than 90 days, bank statement, paycheck or paystub, or a check or document issued by a unit of government. A full list is available at http://elections.wi.gov.
6. ID Number. Provide your unexpired Wisconsin driver license or DOT-issued ID card number. If you do not have a current and valid DOT-issued driver license or ID card, provide the last four digits of your social security number.
7. Choice of Party. Not required.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Not required.
9. Signature. To register in Wisconsin you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Wisconsin and have resided at the registration address for at least 28 days.
- be at least 18 years old
- not have been convicted of treason, felony or bribery, or if you have, your civil rights have been restored after completion of your sentence or a pardon
- not have been found by a court to be incapable of understanding the objective of the electoral process
- not make or benefit from a bet or wage depending on the result of an election
- not have voted at any other location in the same election.
Mail your completed registration form and a copy of your proof-of-residence document to your municipal clerk’s office. You can find your municipal clerk here: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-US/MyMunicipalClerk
If you cannot find your municipal clerk’s address, you may mail it to:
Wisconsin Elections Commission
201 West Washington Avenue, Second Floor
P.O. Box 7984
Madison, WI 53707-7984
(Note: applications may be returned to the Wisconsin Elections Commission office at the address above, but to avoid possible delays, you are advised to return your completed voter registration application directly to your municipal clerk’s office.)