State Instructions — WEST VIRGINIA
Registration Deadline — 21 days before the election.
6. ID Number. Enter your driver's license number. If you do not have a driver’s license number, enter the last four numbers of your social security number. If you do not have a driver's license number or a social security number, an identification number will be assigned to you.
7. Choice of Party. You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention (unless you request the ballot of a party which allows independents to vote)
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in West Virginia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- live in West Virginia at the above address
- be 18 years old, or to vote in the primary be 17 years old and turning 18 before the general election
- not be under conviction, probation, or parole for a felony, treason or election bribery
- not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of competent jurisdiction
Secretary of State
Building 1, Suite 157-K
1900 Kanawha Blvd. East
Charleston, WV 25305-0770