State Instructions — OREGON
Registration Deadline — 21 days before the election.
6. ID Number. To be eligible to vote in Oregon elections, you must provide a valid Oregon Driver’s License, Permit or ID number. If you do not have an Oregon-issued ID, then you will have to provide at least the last four digits of your social security number. If you have neither, you will need to write “NONE” on the form.
7. Choice of Party. In many cases, you must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election. If you are not a member of a party or this space is left blank, you will be registered as a nonaffiliated voter.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Oregon you must:
- a citizen of the United States
- a resident of Oregon
- and at least 16 years of age when registering. If you are not yet 18, you will not receive a ballot until an election occurs on or after your 18th birthday.
Oregon Elections Division
Public Service Building,
255 Capital St. NE
Salem, OR 97310
Register or make changes to your registration online —