EAC staff is working diligently on final preparations for our 2019 Election Data Summit.
This year, the Election Data Summit will be hosted in the Senate Rules Committee Room in the Russell Senate Office Building on June 27, 2019. This year’s Summit also coincides with the release of the HAVA-mandated 2018 Election Administration and Voting Survey (EAVS) report, still the most comprehensive data collection effort regarding election administration in the United States.
A few changes were rolled out over last summer and fall to continue to make EAVS completion easier, strengthen data quality and completeness, and foster greater data use.
The 2019 Election Data Summit brings together Federal, State and Local officials, and elections stakeholders from across the country, to discuss ways to enhance and improve election administration using data, such as the 2018 EAVS. Panel discussions will cover:
- Take-a-ways from the 2018 Midterm Elections
- Innovative ways to use voter registration data with on-going enhancements of systems and processes
- Election security resources and considerations for stakeholders looking to enhance system security
- Modernizing voter registration databases and election management systems, and options to improve data use for election administration
- Using data for outreach to our citizens living aboard and service members serving away from home.
Registration is now open, so please join us in Washington, D.C. at the end of the month. We’ll be posting more information on the 2019 Election Data Summit and the 2018 EAVS report within the coming weeks.