State Instructions — VIRGINIA
Registration Deadline — The application must be delivered or postmarked 22 days before the election.
6. ID Number. Your full social security number is required. Your social security number will appear on reports produced only for official use by voter registration and election officials and, for jury selection purposes, by courts. Article II, §2, Constitution of Virginia (1971).
7. Choice of Party. Leave blank.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Virginia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Virginia and of the precinct in which you want to vote
- be 18 years old by the next May or November general election
- not have been convicted of a felony, or have had your civil rights restored
- not currently be declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
Virginia State Board of Elections
1100 Bank Street, 1st floor
Richmond, VA 23219