State Instructions — VERMONT
Registration Deadline — Your mailed registration must be received in the clerk’s office on the last day the clerk has hours before the election. Vermont has Election day voter registration at the polls as well as online voter registration. To register online visit – https://olvr.sec.state.vt.us.
6. ID Number. You must provide your Vermont Driver's license number, or if none, the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have a Vermont Driver's license or a Social Security number, please write “NONE” on the form. The Secretary of State's office will assign you a unique identifying number.
7. Choice of Party. Vermont does not require party registration to participate in any election.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Not required.
9. Signature. To register in Vermont you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Vermont
- be 18 years of age on or before election day
- have taken the following Oath: You solemnly swear (or affirm) that whenever you give your vote or suffrage, touching any matter that concerns the state of Vermont, you will do it so as in your conscience you shall judge will most conduce to the best good of the same, as established by the Constitution, without fear or favor of any person [Voter’s Oath, Vermont Constitution, Chapter II, Section 42]
By signing in Box 9, you are attesting that you have sworn or affirmed the
Vermont voter’s oath as printed above.
Office of the Secretary of State
128 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-1101