State Instructions — OKLAHOMA
Registration Deadline — 25 days before the election.
6. ID Number. You must provide either your valid Oklahoma driver’s license number, state identification card number, or the last four digits of your Social Security number.
7. Choice of Party. You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election. A current list of recognized political parties in Oklahoma is available on the Oklahoma State Election Board website. Registered voters with no party affiliation may be allowed by recognized parties to participate in primary elections at the party’s discretion. You will find a list of recognized political parties and a list of parties that allow voters with no party affiliation to vote in primaries at: https://oklahoma.gov/elections/voter-registration/political-party-info.html.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register to vote in Oklahoma you must:
- You must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- You must be 18 years old on or before the date of the next election. You may pre-register if you are at least 17½ years old, but your voter registration will not be activated until you are 18 years old.
- If convicted of a felony, you must have fully served your sentence of court-mandated calendar days, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court.
- You must not now be under judgment as an incapacitated person, or a partially incapacitated person prohibited from registering to vote.
- Applications must be signed and dated by the applicant. The signature must be the original, handwritten autograph or mark of the applicant. No facsimile, reproduction, typewritten or other substitute signature, autograph or mark will be valid. It is against the law to sign an Oklahoma Voter Registration Application on behalf of another person.
Oklahoma State Election Board
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-8800
You can also complete a voter registration application online, using the OK Voter Portal “wizard”: https://okvoterportal.okelections.us/Home/RegWizard (Applications must be printed, signed, and mailed or hand-delivered to your county or State Election Board to complete the process.)