State Instructions — MINNESOTA
Registration Deadline — Delivered by 5:00 p.m. 21 days before the election (there is also election day registration at polling places).
6. ID Number. You are required to provide your Minnesota driver’s license or state ID number to register to Vote. If you do not have a Minnesota driver’s license or state ID then you will have to provide the last four digits of your social security number. If you have neither, please write “none” on the form.
7. Choice of Party. Leave blank.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Minnesota you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Minnesota for 20 days before the next election
- maintain residence at the address given on the registration form
- be at least 18 years old on election day
- if previously convicted of a felony, your felony sentence has expired or been completed, or you have been discharged from the sentence
- not be under a court-ordered guardianship in which the right to vote has been revoked
- not be found by a court to be legally incompetent to vote.
Secretary of State
60 Empire Drive, Suite 100
St. Paul, MN 55103-1855