State Instructions — MAINE
Registration Deadline — Delivered 21 business days before the election (or a voter may register in-person up to and including election day).
6. ID Number. You must list your valid Maine driver's license number. If you don't have a valid Maine driver's license, then you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number. Voters who don't have either of these forms of ID must write "NONE" in this space.
7. Choice of Party. You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention (unless otherwise permitted by a political party).
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Maine you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Maine and the municipality in which you want to vote
- be at least 17 years old (you must be 18 years old to vote)
Bureau of Corporations,
Elections and Commissions
101 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0101