State Instructions — KENTUCKY
Registration Deadline — 29 days before the election.
6. ID Number. Your full social security number is required. It is used for administrative purposes only and is not released to the public (KRS 116.155). No person shall be denied the right to register because of failure to include social security number.
7. Choice of Party. You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Kentucky you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Kentucky
- be a resident of the county for at least 28 days prior to the election date
- be 18 years of age on or before the next general election
- not be a convicted felon or if you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored by executive pardon
- not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of law
- not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky
State Board of Elections
140 Walnut Street
Frankfort, KY 40601-3240