State Instructions — KANSAS
Registration Deadline — Postmarked or delivered 21 days before the election
6. ID Number. Your completed voter registration form must contain your state issued driver's license number or nondriver's identification card number. If you do not have a driver's license or nondriver's identification card, you must include the last four digits of your social security number. If you do not have a driver's license or a nondriver's identification card or social security number, please write "NONE" on the form. A unique identifying number will be assigned by the State. The number you provide will be used for administrative purposes only and will not be disclosed to the public. (KSA 25-2309).
7. Choice of Party. You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Kansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Kansas
- be 18 by the next election
- have completed the terms of your sentence if convicted of a felony; a person serving a sentence for a felony conviction is ineligible to vote
- not claim the right to vote in any other location or under any other name
- not be excluded from voting by a court of competent jurisdiction
Secretary of State
1st Floor, Memorial Hall
120 SW 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66612-1594