State Instructions — INDIANA
Registration Deadline — 29 days before the election.
6. ID Number. Your state voter ID number is your ten digit Indiana issued driver's license number. If you do not possess an Indiana driver's license then provide the last four digits of your social security number. Please indicate which number was provided. (Indiana Code 3-7-13-13)
7. Choice of Party. Leave blank.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Indiana you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in the precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next general election
- not currently be in jail for a criminal conviction
Office of the Secretary of State
302 West Washington Street,
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2743