State Instructions — ARKANSAS
Registration Deadline — 30 days before the election.
6. ID Number. Your completed voter registration form must contain your state issued driver's license number or nonoperating identification number. If you do not have a driver's license or nonoperating identification, you must include the last four digits of your social security number. If you do not have a driver's license or a nonoperating identification or a social security number, please write "NONE" on the form. A unique identifying number will be assigned by the State.
7. Choice of Party. Optional. You do not have to register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Arkansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- live in Arkansas at the address in Box 2 on the application
- be at least 18 years old before the next election
- not be a convicted felon (or have completely discharged your sentence or been pardoned)
- not claim the right to vote in any other jurisdiction
- not previously be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 8111
Little Rock, AR 72203-8111