State Instructions — DELAWARE
Registration Deadline — The 4th Saturday before a primary or general election, and 10 days before a special election.
6. ID Number. Your completed voter registration form must contain your state issued driver's license number or nonoperating identification number. If you do not have a driver's license or nonoperating identification, you must include the last four digits of your social security number. If you do not have a driver's license or a nonoperating identification or a social security number, please write "NONE" on the form. A unique identifying number will be assigned by the State.
7. Choice of Party. You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. You may register to vote in Delaware if you:
- are a citizen of the United States, AND
- are a resident of Delaware; (Delaware is your home), AND
- will be 18 years old on or before the date of the next General Election.
- You may not register to vote in Delaware if you:
- have been adjudged mentally incompetent. Adjudged mentally incompetent refers to a specific finding in a judicial guardianship or equivalent proceeding, based on clear and convincing evidence that the individual has a severe cognitive impairment which precludes exercise of basic voting judgment; OR
- were convicted of a felony and have not completed your sentence, OR
- were convicted of a disqualifying* felony and have not been pardoned.
*List of Disqualifying Felonies:
- murder or manslaughter, (except vehicular homicide);
- any felony constituting an offense against public administration involving bribery or improper influence or abuse of office, or any like offense under the laws of any state or local jurisdiction, or of the United States, or of the District of Columbia; or
- any felony constituting a sexual offense, or any like offense under the laws of any state or local jurisdiction or of the United States or of the District of Columbia.
State of Delaware
Office of the State Election Commissioner
905 S. Governors Ave., Suite 170
Dover, DE 19904