State Instructions — CONNECTICUT
Registration Deadline — postmarked seven (7) days before the election; postmarked five (5) days before the primary.
6. ID Number. Connecticut Driver's License Number, or if none, the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
7. Choice of Party. This is optional, but you must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Connecticut you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Connecticut and of the town in which you wish to vote
- be 17 years old. 17 year olds who will turn 18 on or before Election Day, may participate in the general primary.
- have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony, and have had your voting rights restored by Registrars of Voters
- not currently be declared mentally incompetent to vote by a court of law
Secretary of the State of Connecticut
P.O. Box 150470
Hartford, CT 06115-0470