State Instructions — ARIZONA
Registration Deadline — 29 days before the election.
6. ID Number. Your completed voter registration form must contain the number of your Arizona driver license, or non‑operating identification license issued pursuant to A.R.S. § 28-3165, if the license is current and valid. If you do not have a current and valid Arizona driver license or non-operating identification license, you must include the last four digits of your social security number if one has been issued to you. If you do not have a current and valid driver license or non-operating identification license or a social security number, please write “NONE” on the form. A unique identifying number will be assigned by the Secretary of State.
7. Choice of Party. If you are registered in a political party which has qualified for ballot recognition, you will be permitted to vote the primary election ballot for that party. If you are registered as an independent, no party preference or as a member of a party which is not qualified for ballot recognition, you may select and vote one primary election ballot for one of the recognized political parties.
8. Race or Ethnic Group. Leave blank.
9. Signature. To register in Arizona you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Arizona and your county at least 29 days preceding the next election
- be 18 years old on or before the next general election
- not have been convicted of treason or a felony (or have had your civil rights restored)
- not currently be declared an incapacitated person by a court of law
Secretary of State/Elections
1700 W. Washington, 7th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2888