The focus of the meeting was lessons learned by election officials in the 2016 Election; updates from VVSG constituency groups; presentation of proposed scope and structure of the Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG) version 2.0; and a presentation and discussion with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) about elections as critical infrastructure.
TGDC Meeting on September 11-12
Sep 08, 2017
EAC and NIST will hold a Technical Guidelines Development Committee (TGDC) meeting on September 11th & 12th at the EAC offices in Silver Spring, MD. The first day of the meeting includes updates from the working group and discussion and a potential vote to recommend the draft Principles and Guidelines document to the EAC Executive Director. The second day focuses on an overview of requirements and test assertion work, a cybersecurity briefing and an Election Critical Infrastructure update. You can view the agenda here.
The current TGDC members are:
- Robert Giles (EAC Standards Board)
- Greg Riddlemoser (EAC Standards Board)
- Linda Lamone (EAC Board of Advisors)
- Neal Kelley (EAC Board of Advisors) -Nominated
- Marc Guthrie (Access Board)
- Mat McCollough (Access Board)
- VACANT (ANSI)
- VACANT (IEEE)
- Lori Augino (NASED)
- Judd Choate (NASED) - Nominated
- McDermot Coutts (Technical Expert)
- Diane Golden (Technical Expert)
- Jeramy Gray (Technical Expert)
- David Wagner (Technical Expert)
In person registration for this is event is closed, but it will be webcast. More information is available on the EAC website. Follow the EAC Twitter (@EACgov) or search for #TGDC2017 to get Twitter updates.