United States Election Assistance Comittee

Request a Free Copy

Did you know all printed and electronic copies are free of charge? To order printed materials, call EAC toll free at 866-747-1471 or send an e-mail through our online contact form.

Register to Vote!

Use the National Mail Voter Registration Form to register to vote, update your registration information with a new name or address, or register with a political party.

Note: If you wish to vote absentee and are a uniformed service member or family member or a citizen living outside the U.S., contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program to register to vote.

EAC Newsletters
and Updates

Sign up to receive information about EAC activities including public meetings, webcasts, reports and grants.

Military and Overseas Voters

EAC has several projects under way to assist states in serving military and overseas citizens who register and vote absentee under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Learn more

 Election Resource Library

PDF Document EMG Chapter 8: Uniformed and Overseas Citizens
Posted on May 13, 2010

Views: 4771 | Comments: 0 | Average Rating: 

Military and overseas voters face unique challenges in registering to vote, requesting and receiving a blank ballot, and returning their voted ballots. The Uniform and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act ensures the rights of absent uniformed services and overseas voters to register to vote and to cast absentee ballots for Federal offices. This chapter covers the basics for anyone wishing to understand overseas voting, its challenges along with resources for local election officials. This chapter was published before the MOVE Act was signed into law in October 2009.

Add a Comment