United States Election Assistance Comittee

Register to Vote!

Use the National Mail Voter Registration Form to register to vote, update your registration information with a new name or address, or register with a political party.

Note: If you wish to vote absentee and are a uniformed service member or family member or a citizen living outside the U.S., contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program to register to vote.

EAC Newsletters
and Updates

Sign up to receive information about EAC activities including public meetings, webcasts, reports and grants.

Give Us Your Feedback

Share your feedback on EAC policy proposalsElection Resource Library materials, and OpenEAC activities. Give feedback on general issues, including the Web site, through our Contact Us page.

Military and Overseas Voters

EAC has several projects under way to assist states in serving military and overseas citizens who register and vote absentee under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Learn more

Research in Progress

Election Administration in Urban ans Rural Areas

HAVA (b)(15) requires EAC to study "[m]atters particularly reelvant to voting and administering elections in rural and urban areas." EAC is preparing to administer a survey to collect data that will be used to explore this issue.  The purpose of Survey of Rural and Urban Election Administration, which will be conducted this summer, is to determine the ways in which election officials conduct voter outreach, secure personnel, and handle any cost-related challenges associated with administering general elections in rural and urban jurisdictions.

Electronic Transmission of Voting Materials for Military and Overseas Voters

The EAC is funding research by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on electronic transmission of voting materials for military and overseas voters. View NIST's research plan for the next phase of the project.