- Guidance on Use of HAVA Funds for Expenses Related to COVID-19 NEW
- The Impact of HAVA Funding on the 2018
- 2018 HAVA Election Security Award Packet
- Template for State Requests
- Budget Form | Budget Worksheet Instructions | Sample Budget Worksheet
- HAVA Funds by State (Chart) - Printable
- HAVA Fund by State & Funds Requested - (Map) & Requested Funds (Chart) - Printable
On Friday, March 23, President Donald J. Trump signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (the Act) into law. The Act included $380 million in grants, made available to states to improve the administration of elections for Federal office, including to enhance technology and make election security improvements. The 2018 HAVA Election Security Fund, authorized under Title I Section 101 of the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002, marks the first new appropriations for HAVA grants since FY2010. This funding will provide states with additional resources to secure and improve election systems. Below is additional information about the grants.
"This FAQ is a living document and updated as new information becomes available. This was last updated on March 30, 2018."