United States Election Assistance Comittee

Register to Vote!

Use the National Mail Voter Registration Form to register to vote, update your registration information with a new name or address, or register with a political party.

Note: If you wish to vote absentee and are a uniformed service member or family member or a citizen living outside the U.S., contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program to register to vote.

EAC Newsletters
and Updates

Sign up to receive information about EAC activities including public meetings, webcasts, reports and grants.

Give Us Your Feedback

Share your feedback on EAC policy proposalsElection Resource Library materials, and OpenEAC activities. Give feedback on general issues, including the Web site, through our Contact Us page.

Military and Overseas Voters

EAC has several projects under way to assist states in serving military and overseas citizens who register and vote absentee under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Learn more

Voter Registration Cancellations

The Election Directory for Cancellation Notices (2002), which is used by election officials to maintain up-to-date voter registration lists, provides a comprehensive list of state and local election office addresses for sending cancellation notices. When a new voter to your area reports that they were registered elsewhere, use this guide to find the correct address for notifying the appropriate registration official. 

Be advised that this practice is not affected by the requirements of the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, which allows the removal of a registrant’s name from the list of eligible voters, provided that this information is confirmed in writing by the registrant.

Dates are provided to indicate the last update received from each state for the listing of addresses. State election directors who wish to provide any updates or substantive changes to the information listed in this directory may contact VRCancellationContacts@eac.gov.