Step-by-Step Videos Provide Guidance for EAVS
Dec 07, 2016
A series of six "Bootcamp" videos released this week provide states detailed guidance on how to complete the 2016 Election Administration and Voting Survey (EAVS). These videos were created by the Fors Marsh Group who is administering the 2016 survey.
Each video focuses on a section of the EAVS, specifically:
- Section A, related to voter registration data;
- Section B, related to military and overseas voting data;
- Section C, related to domestic absentee ballots data;
- Section D, related to polling place and poll worker data;
- Section E, related to provisional ballot data; and
- Section F, related to Election Day activities and voting equipment data.
These add to previous guidance released over the past several months in videos providing an overview of the EAVS as well as specifics on how to complete the survey templates. We hope these videos assist states as they complete the EAVS and provide other interested stakeholders a better idea of the data that goes into the EAVS and the process used to collect that data.
We plan to provide monthly updates on the EAVS as well as related news, so look for more information about the survey in the New Year!