Wednesday, January 06, 2016
Roundtable - Preparing for Election 2016 in Battleground Jurisdictions
02:30 PM - 05:00 PM
EAC will host a January 6 roundtable to explore how election officials in 2016 battleground states are preparing for the upcoming election cycle. The event will take place on Wednesday, January 6, 2016 from 2:30- 5:00 p.m. (EST). It will be webcast live and feature a Twitter fall. An archived webcast will also be available.
PARTICIPATE: Submit questions or comments (link to be posted), or tweet @EACgov
: This roundtable will seek to explore how election officials in 2016 battleground states are preparing for the upcoming election cycle. It will identify concerns, risks, mitigation strategies and best practices for dealing with the special challenges of a presidential election cycle.
The objective will be to see what election jurisdictions can learn and apply from the work of their colleagues about preparing for and executing an election while at the same time, monitoring media and election advocate’s reports and speculations.
Opening Remarks (2:30 pm)
- Merle King, Roundtable Moderator; Executive Director, Georgia’s Center for Election Systems, Kennesaw State University
- Brian Corley, MPA, Supervisor of Elections, Pasco County Florida
- Honorable Pedro A. Cortés, Pennsylvania Secretary of State
- Luanne Cutler, Registrar of Voters, Washoe County, Nevada
- Matt Damschroder, Assistant Secretary of State, Ohio
- Robert Dezmelyk, Moderator, Town of Newton, New Hampshire
- Sandra Juno, Clerk, Brown County, Wisconsin
- Honorable Paul Pate, Iowa Secretary of State
- J. Kirk Showalter, General Registrar, City of Richmond, Virginia
- Honorable Wayne Williams, Colorado Secretary of State
Export to Outlook