Thursday, March 13, 2014
Roundtable - Managing the Polling Place: Lines, Logic and Logistics
09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
EAC will host a roundtable to discuss polling place location and design, managing queues, recruiting and training poll workers and the use of precinct management technologies to improve and streamline the voting experience. The event will be webcast live & feature a Twitterfall.
The roundtable will take place on Thursday, March 13 from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at EAC’s new offices located at 1335 East West Highway, Suite 150 Conference Room, Silver Spring, MD 20910. It will be webcast live and feature a Twitter fall.
Watch the Webcast (archived)
PARTICIPATE: Submit questions or comments here, or tweet @EACgov and #EACvote.
Agenda & Sample Discussion Questions
HAVA directs that EAC shall serve as a national clearinghouse and resource for the compilation of information and review of procedures with respect to the administration of Federal elections, including the maintenance of an elections clearinghouse of information on the experiences of State and local governments. From its inception, the EAC has been engaged in the collection, aggregation and dissemination of information for the purpose of improving election administration in all jurisdictions in the United States.
- Alice P. Miller, EAC Chief Operating Officer and Acting Executive Director
- Merle King, Roundtable Moderator; Executive Director, Georgia’s Center for Election Systems, Kennesaw State University
- Donetta Davidson, Executive Director, Colorado County Clerks Association
- Lori Edwards, Supervisor of Elections, Polk County, Florida
- Elaine Manlove, State Election Commissioner, State of Delaware
- Tammy Patrick, Maricopa County, Arizona; Former Member, President’s Commission on Elections
- J. Kirk Showalter, General Registrar, City of Richmond, Virginia
- Christopher M. Thomas, State of Michigan; Former Member, President’s Commission on Elections
Export to Outlook