1) Chapter 13, Timelines - Pg. 11, 1st paragraph, suggest beginning the first sentence with the word "Establishing." To read: "Establishing a comprehensive timeline will be one of...."
2) Pg. 11, 3rd paragraph, 1st sentence, add the word "the" between "all of" and "steps" To read: "The timeline will include all of the steps related to...."
3) Pg. 12, 4th paragraph, 4th sentence, change the word "conducted" to "conducts" and change the word "these" to the word "the" to read: "Even if the elections office conducts a briefing for observers prior to the canvass, it is advisable for election officials to make the rules for conduct and behavior available at entrance points to the observation room."
4) Pg. 12, 6th paragraph, 1st sentence, change the word "board" to "boards" and delete the words "and the" to read: "Regardless of how the observers, canvass boards, and elections office staff are separated,...."
5) Conducting the Canvass - Pg. 14, 4th. paragraph, 3rd sentence, insert the word "the" between "than" and "number" to read: "If more votes are cast than the number of voters who...."
6) OFFICIAL CANVASS ELECTION OBSERVER RULES OF CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOR..., Pg. 17, Rule 6 states that "Observers are prohibited from photocopying or recording any part of the canvass operations...." Is this based on statute or administrative rule? If so, where would I find this provision?
7) OFFICIAL CANVASS ELECTION OBSERVER RULES OF CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOR, Pg. 17, Rule 8, insert the word "may" before "not" and "be" following "not" and change the word "directly" to "directed" to read: "All questions concerning a procedure must be directed to the supervisor in charge and may not be directed to employees."
8) Chapter 14, Pg. 19, Information for Voters, 4th. sentence is missing a "." at the end.
9) Pg. 19, Information for the Public, 1st sentence is a little akward, recommend: "The public looks to elections offices for answers about voting as well as the process." For the second sentence, I recommend the following: "Individuals who would like to take part in the election as poll workers, should be able to easily locate informaton on how to volunteer their time."
10) Distributing Communication Materials, Official Election Office Website, Pg. 21 1st ph., 1st sentences seems to be missing some words. Recommend: "Most voters have become accustomed to using the Internet to find basic information about voting including how to register to vote, how to find a polling place and how to request an absentee ballot."
11) Chapter 15, CONDUCTING A RECOUNT; Timelines, 3rd ph., last sentence is missing the word "recount." Should read: "Especially with respect to the after-ElectionDay part of the timeline, election officials must include enough time to conduct a recount after the canvass of votes."
12) Pg. 29, "Security" is not defined. Recommend: "Security Personnel are responsible for enforcing the laws and rules established to ensure the orderly conduct of the recount."
13) Pg. 29, Training, 2nd ph., 4th sentence is a little akward. Recommend: "For example, much like a polling place certain items, such as cameras and voice recorders, should not be allowed in areas inwhich a recount is being conducted."
14) Materials for the Public, Pg. 31, 1ph, 2nd sentence, recommend changing the word "on" to "of" to read: "However, certain portions of the manual may also be used...."