Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Getting Ready for the November 2012 Elections
09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
EAC will host a June 19 discussion on preparations for the 2012 general election and beyond. The event will be webcast live & feature a Twitterfall.
The roundtable will take place on Tuesday, June 19 from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at EAC’s offices at 1225 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. in Suite 150. It will be webcast live and feature a Twitter fall.
Watch the Webcast! (archived)
PARTICIPATE: Submit questions or comments here. Tweet @EACgov and follow #BReady2012.
Agenda and Discussion Questions
HAVA directs that EAC shall serve as a national clearinghouse and resource for the compilation of information and review of procedures with respect to the administration of Federal elections, including the maintenance of an elections clearinghouse of information on the experiences of State and local governments. From its inception, the EAC has been engaged in the collection, aggregation and dissemination of information for the purpose of improving election administration in all jurisdictions in the United States.
The purpose of the roundtable is to host a national discussion about what to expect and how officials can best prepare for the 2012 general election and beyond. Participants will share ideas and strategies about voting system preparation, preparing and mailing ballots, voter education, managing polling places and voter turnout, provisional ballots, audits and recounts, communications and other related topics. This roundtable will provide a national platform for participants to share ideas and strategies as officials prepare for November.
Moderator: Merle King, Executive Director, Georgia’s Center for Election Systems, Kennesaw State University.
- Katie Blinn, Co-Director of Elections, Washington State Office of the Secretary of State
- Sonia Campos, Program Analyst, Election Official Assistance Division, Federal Voting Assistance Program, Department of Defense; Presentation
- Susan M. Edman, Executive Director, City of Milwaukee Election Commission
- Lance Gough, Executive Director, Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago; Presentation; Language Assistance in Chicago; Seal Accountability Form
- Brad King, Co-Director, Indiana Election Division
- Judy Schwartau, Election Specialist, City of Minneapolis Elections; Customer Service; 311 Elections Partnership
- Clifford D. Tatum, Executive Director, Board of Elections and Ethics, Government of the District of Columbia
Export to Outlook