United States Election Assistance Comittee

Register to Vote!

Use the National Mail Voter Registration Form to register to vote, update your registration information with a new name or address, or register with a political party.

Note: If you wish to vote absentee and are a uniformed service member or family member or a citizen living outside the U.S., contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program to register to vote.

EAC Newsletters
and Updates

Sign up to receive information about EAC activities including public meetings, webcasts, reports and grants.

Give Us Your Feedback

Share your feedback on EAC policy proposalsElection Resource Library materials, and OpenEAC activities. Give feedback on general issues, including the Web site, through our Contact Us page.

Military and Overseas Voters

EAC has several projects under way to assist states in serving military and overseas citizens who register and vote absentee under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Learn more

Election Worker Best Practices

Recruiting election workers for the 21st century requires new approaches that take advantage of innovative tools as well as making use of time-tested methods in order to reach all segments of our diverse population.

More is required than just adequate staffing at the polling place. Today's election work force participates not only in Election Day precincts, but vote centers, early voting, absentee and early tallying boards, recount boards, and post-election audits. Below you will find information on EAC's National Competition, EAC Resources and examples from State and Local jurisdictions for training and retaining election workers.


National Competition

2016 National Competition for Best Practices

National Competition for Election Worker Best Practices

Election Worker Successful Practices 2016


EAC Resources

U.S. Election Assistance Commission

State By State Compendium 2016

2016 Public Meeting Election Workers

6 Tips To Employ Effective Poll Workers


State and Local Resources

California Contra Costa County Elections Division

Poll Worker Recruitment Video:


City and County of San Francisco Department of Elections


Poll Workers San Francisco1


Florida Pasco County Supervisor of Elections

Poll Worker Training Video: 


Kansas Johnson County Election Office

Election Worker Training Video: 

The perfect election image


Missouri Saint Louis County Board of Elections

Best Practice - Tax Bill Insert: 

St Louis MO Tax Bill Insert

New Jersey Sussex County Board of Elections 

Poll Worker Training Videos:

Morning Activities and Opening the IVOs

Setting up the Poll Room and Roster Table

Loading, Casting and Cancelling Ballots

Processing a Voter                               

Form 100 Name and Address Changes

Primary Elections                               

The Orange Provisional Ballot Bag

The Disabled Voter                             

Recording the VAL on  the Pink Sheet



Ohio Secretary of State

Poll Worker Recruitment Video: