Weekly Election Update 4.30.12
from: Jessica Myers on
Apr 30, 2012
We will post an Election update blog every Monday in an effort to summarize the elections and election deadlines each week until all primaries, special elections, and general elections scheduled for 2012 are finished. If you have additional information, requests, or corrections, please submit them via Twitter @EACgov or email Jessica Myers at email@example.com. Also, please visit our 2012 Election Calendar.
Elections this week:
May 1, 2012
- Tennessee, County Primary. Tennessee’s County Primary is open to all registered voters. For more Election Day information, visit the Secretary of State’s website.
- Virginia, City & Town General Election. Virginia City & Town’s General Election is open to all registered voters in cities or towns holding elections. For more Election Day information, visit the Secretary of State’s website.
- Washington, D.C. – Early voting for the May 15, 2012 Special Election begins on May 5, 2012 and closes on May 12, 2012.
- Montana – May 7, 2012 is the voter registration deadline for the June 5, 2012 Primary Election.
- Nebraska – May 4, 2012 is the in person voter registration deadline for the May 15, 2012 Primary Election. Early voting began April 9 and ends on May 14 (in person) or Mary 15 (mail in ballot).
- North Carolina – The Early Voting period for the May 8, 2012 Primary Election is from April 19th through May 5th.
- Texas – April 30, 2012 is the voter registration deadline for the May 29, 2012 Primary Election. Early voting for the May 29, 2012 Primary begins today (4/30).
- West Virginia – May 2, 2012 is the Absentee Ballot request deadline for the May 8, 2012 Primary Election.
- Kansas City, Missouri – Get information about being a pollworker for the 2012 Election cycle here.
- Marion County, Indiana – Get information about new precinct and district boundaries before the May 8, 2012 election here.
- Sarasota County, Florida – Get information about being a pollworker for the August 14, 2012 Primary Election here.
- Wake County, North Carolina – The Election Office has made a new video about Voter Registration and is recruiting pollworkers for the 2012 Election cycle.
Back to Blog List