Weekly Election Update 3.19.12
from: Jessica Myers on
Mar 19, 2012
We will post an Election update blog every Monday in an effort to summarize the elections and election deadlines each week until all primaries, special elections, and general elections scheduled for 2012 are finished. If you have additional information, requests, or corrections, please submit a comment below, via Twitter @EACgov or email Jessica Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elections this week:
March 20, 2012:
- Primary, Illinois. Illinois’s Primary is open to all registered voters. Polls are open from 6 AM to 7 PM. More information on the Primary is available here.
- Special Election, New York. New York is holding a Special Election for: State Senate District 27 (Part of Kings County), Member of Assembly District 93 (Part of Westchester County), Member of Assembly District 100 (Part of Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County), and Member of Assembly District 103 (Part of Columbia County and Dutchess County). More information on the Special Election is available here or from your local election office.
March 24, 2012:
- Primary, Louisiana. Louisiana’s Primary is open to all registered voters. Polls open from 6 AM to 8 PM. More information on the Primary is available here or on Twitter @Lousiana_sos.
- Washington, DC – Early voting for the April 3, 2012 Presidential Preference/Council Primary Election begins April 3, 2012. More information on sites, times, and dates available here or on Twitter @DCBOEE. Voting is open to voters registered with the Republican, Democratic or D.C. Statehood Green parties.
- New York – March 30, 2012 is the last day to register to vote for the April 24, 2012 Presidential Primary Election.
- Pennsylvania – March 26, 2012 is the last day to register to vote for the April 24, 2012 Primary Election.
Back to Blog List
- Arlington County, Virginia – Arlington County is holding a Special Election on March 27, 2012. If you have requested absentee ballots for the Primary (March 6, 2012) and Special Election (March 27, 2012) please make sure you mail each ballot back separately to make sure they are counted properly. Mail in absentee ballots for the March 27, 2012 Special Election are due back to the county by March 20, 2012 at 5 PM. More information is available here or on Twitter @ArlingtonVotes.
- King County, Oregon – March 19, 2012 is the last day to register to vote for the April 17, 2012 Special Election.
- Marion County, Indiana – Get information about new precinct and district boundaries before the May 8, 2012 election here.