Weekly Election Update 2.7.12
from: EAC Staff on
Feb 07, 2012
Beginning in March, we will post an Election update blog every Monday in an effort to summarize the elections and election deadlines each week until all primaries and special elections scheduled for 2012 are finished. With so much information out there, this is an effort to try to provide a snapshot of what is on the horizon. This post is for all of February, so you can get an idea of what we are trying to accomplish.
If you have additional information, requests or corrections, please send it to Jessica Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @EACgov.
February 7, 2012:
- Presidential Preference Election, Missouri. All registered voters may vote in this election. More information available here or on Twitter @MOSecofState.
February 14, 2012:
- Special Election, Washington. If your county is having a Special Election and you are a registered voter, you are eligible to vote in this election. More information is available here or contact your Local Election Official.
February 28, 2012:
- Presidential Preference Election, Arizona. Recognized political parties choose whether to participate in the Presidential Preference Election. This year, this election is open to the Green and Republican Parties. More information is available here or on Twitter @theREALAZsos.
- Presidential Preference Election, Michigan. All registered voters may participate in this election. More information is available here or on Twitter @MichSoS.
- Special Election, Michigan. Certain communities are conducting a Special Election. If your community is holding a Special Election and you are a registered voter, you are eligible to vote in this election. More information about participating communities is available here.
- Ohio – Absentee ballots can be requested from your County Election Office. You can pick up your ballot in person and/or vote it in person until March 2, 2012. UOCAVA voters may request an absentee ballot from the County Election Office. The request must be received by the County by noon on March 3, 2012. Ohio’s Primary is on March 6, 2012 and the EAC will post more information about it at the end of February. More information is available here or on Twitter @OhioSOSHusted.
- Tennessee – Early Voting begins for Presidential Primary. Check with your County for Early Voting times and locations. Early Voting closes on February 28, 2012, which is also the last day to submit a written request for an absentee ballot. More information is available here or on Twitter @SecTreHargett.
- Champaign County Clerk’s Office – Champaign County, Illinois, needs people to sign up to be Election Judges for the Primary Election on March 20, 2012. More information is available here or on Twitter @ChampCtyClerk.
Back to Blog List